Πέμπτη, Μαρτίου 09, 2006

SVN window clients

Click here for a very interesting Version Control System Comparison.

SVN, a version control system that wants to replace CVS. As I was looking for a windows-client I fell on to:

TortoiseSVN, I would call it a "floating repository". As it says "it's not an integration for a specific IDE you can use it with whatever development tools you like". After you install it, you will always see it when you right-click your mouse.

RapidSVN, I would call it a "central repository". Although I didn't test it for long it was alright. The files and everything you version control is shown on a window. The procedure is exactly the opposite of TortoiseSVN.

AnkhSVN, It is what I was looking for. It is integrated into Visual Studio. Nice.

I started searching for a CVS client integrated into Visual Studio but nothing worked alright. I saw igloo and WinCVS but they were are not like the AnkhSVN that works right after it is installed.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: