Τετάρτη, Μαΐου 17, 2006

MediaWiki. Damn UTF-8 ?

So many tests and web-installations of MediaWiki to find out which version doesn't have a problem with UTF-8 (when it creates KEYs that in UTF-8 have length more than 1000bytes).

I reached to the conclusion that MediaWiki 1.5rc4 doesn't have a problem.
Then I followed the instructions by Liquidity for the manual integration with Joomla and the component MamboWiki.

And then I found out that it doesn't work either!

I must mention that I had a small discussion with one of the MamboWiki's developers who said that they got the installation script of mediawiki as it was, so they didn't touch it. This installation script was trying to install Mediawiki 1.4.4 and altough it was recognising many tables of the new installation it halted to some ALTER sql commands.

I may try to install MediaWiki 1.4.4 but not now, I have spent too much time on this.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: